Check out these links which pick up the loose strands of the ongoing conversations here on The Art of the Rural:
1. Another example of urban chefs making the most of tradition ... and a pig! San Francisco Chef Chris Cosentino’s remarkable take on head cheese involving a very sharp knife, a blowtorch, a razor and, of course, a pig’s head:
2. More to read on bees and Colony Collapse Disorder.
3. Did you know you can get artisanal gouda in Alabama? I didn't either.
4. Alabaman artisanal cheesemen and others like them face controversial regulations regarding raw milk.
5. France seems to have the school lunch thing down pretty well, huh?